Sunday 15 September 2013

Sweatshirt Bears

My husband had a few sweatshirts that he no longer wore and I just couldn't throw them out, just like many of our clothes that get stained or damaged, I save them for crafty projects. I saw this pattern for a bear made from a sock in the book "Sew Me Love Me" by Hsiu-Lan Kuei, and I thought the fuzzy fleece inside the sweaters could work well for the fur for the bear. I enlarged the pattern for the bear and the pyjamas and constructed the bears by hand, even the clothes.  It was time consuming, but I found it easier to manipulate this type of fabric by hand rather than with the sewing machine.

I would highly recommend this book because the patterns are easy to follow which is great for those making stuffed toys for the first time or for novice sewers.



 The pink bear in the middle I made using the sewing machine and decided to use fabric yo-yos for the arms and legs. The body is actually made from flannel and not sweatshirt material.









No comments:

Post a Comment